Monday, August 20, 2007

This Is Just to Say



In fewer than twenty-four hours, the Bears will be playing the Colts on Monday Night Football. I'm excited about it, because it's the first time I'll get to see the Bears at all this season.

But, once again, it's preseason. There might be some pre-macho part of me that hopes the Bears come out with all fists pounding to pulverize the Colts for the first quarter when both teams' first units will be out. That probably won't happen, though, if they did come out with something like that in mind.

If special teams doesn't improve upon their apparently lax performance last week, it might be time to admit that their special teams just might not be as good as it was last year.

If Rideau outperforms Mike Haas tomorrow, I imagine it'll pretty much seal his place at that spot. The only question that will remain is if that spot will even exist.

Those are about the only two actually important things I can think of to watch for tomorrow. Other than that, it's all about fine-tuning everything. As happy as I am that I get to watch it, I sort of think it's funny that this stuff gets televised nationally.

No comments: